I’d like to invite you to join the Delaware Valley Trike Riders’ Club on our first Coastal NJ club ride on September 12, 2015, starting at 9:30 AM, sharp. This is a round-trip (out and back) ride starting from “7 Presidents Park” in Long Branch NJ to the “Sandy Hook Lighthouse” at the Gateway National Recreation Area and back. This ride is little less than 25 miles and will be led at about a 12-14 MPH average speed over mostly flat terrain. We will take a quick break near the lighthouse for a rest and a snack at one of the snack bars on Sandy Hook. After the ride we hope you can join us for lunch at Kaya’s Vegetarian Kitchen, 10 miles south, in Belmar NJ. This ride is suitable for all cycle types.
Note: This ride supersedes the Odd Sunday ride previously scheduled on Sept. 13.
Registration is the only way to receive updates, schedule changes or cancellations – so Please Register your intent to ride via email or phone or a comment to this post (please include your phone number, it will remain protected), by 8:00 PM, September 6, 2015. Sorry for the advance reservation time but I need this to properly accommodate my work schedule. This is a fair-weather event. Please include your phone number with your registration – if Ride Is Canceled, I will call registered riders, or text you if you prefer, between 6:00 and 6:30 PM on the day before the ride (sooner if conditions are clearly dreadful).
• Date: Friday, September 12, 2015.
• Start Time: 9:30 AM.
• Start Location: Entrance on Joline Ave at Ocean Ave, Long Branch, NJ 07740 (exactly at: 40.313510, -73.978705, and very close to: 246 Ocean Avenue)
• Distance: Approximately 25 miles (may vary slightly due to national park trail conditions).
• Speed: 12-14+ MPH average with opportunities for sprints. Note: If we have only faster riders, we will ride faster.
• Duration: approximately 3 Hrs. rolling & resting
• Road Surface: All paved with incidental sand on bike friendly highways and multi-use trails.
• Support: We will stop for break downs but you must have your own supplies.
• Restroom: Access available at start and turnaround.
• Food: Vendors likely at Sandy Hook, many options in Long Branch, recommended: Kaya’s Kitchen Vegetarian Restaurant, 1000 Main St, Belmar, NJ 07719 – entrance on 10th St).
Please familiarize yourself with Preparation Guidelines and Rules for Club Rides.
Trip Sheet, and Map are available for you to print at home.
This is a summer season ride so please prepare for yourself accordingly: adequate hydration, snack, protection from sun, etc.
Each rider is responsible for their own safety and supplies for repairs.
Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park: 40.313510, -73.978705
Sandy Hook Lighthouse: 40.461645, -74.002153
I look forward to riding with you soon!